Wednesday, September 30, 2009

More Interbiking

Interbike is a place to see old friends, but I also got to meet a couple new ones (besides John Cardiel). It's crazy that we've never met before, but I finally met Nick from In The Gnar and Holeshot Zine. He's even cooler in person than via e mail and we had some laughs. His East Coast crew is real cool too (Tony Long, shout out!) One person I have met before but it has been twenty plus years since I've seen him, is Stu Thomsen (I posted about his new documentary a couple weeks ago). He is one of the O.G. BMX legends. Admittedly, I've never been a huge fan of his, but he couldn't have been cooler in Vegas and it was honor to get to talk to him for a bit. Lest anyone think I'm trying to drop names or anything, I'm not, I'm just stoked on these interactions. I do want to say one thing regarding the recent developments with Fit and S&M. I've known both Robbie Morales and Chris Moeller for a long time (before either company existed) and they are both stand up dudes. When Rob-O started Fit he sent me a frame, which I still can't believe. He has always been cool as fuck (Moeller too, for that matter) and I'm sure the future will hold positive results for both dudes. Save the drama for your momma. There is an awesome piece on ESPN.com by Brian Tunney that couldn't tell the tale any better. Check it out here. Also, check out this awesome Vegas summary by DIG's Ricky Adam. Amazing.

For a loser, Vegas is the meanest town on earth. from DIG BMX on Vimeo.

No comments: