Saturday, December 26, 2009

A total affair of the heart

I spent the last couple of hours sorting shoe samples in the barn. Every little while I would go over and sit on my bike, like a little kid sizing it up for his first big ride. I can't put into words how much this machine means. I got a couple e mails and a comment on that last post about how my Dad and I look alike. I don't have any problem with that, really, but in that pic he looks like a grown ass man. I hate to think that I look like an adult on a little, frail bicycle, but what I look like means very little in contrast to what it feels like to be aboard said two wheeler. My Dad looked like Johnny Cash when he was young. I feel like Johnny Cash when I'm on my bicycle...

2 comments:

BCM said...

Bike handling skills & years of seat time = your style, Lack of = Dads.
Your in fine shape I'd say.

Anonymous said...

Nice bike... wear a helmet -Joe