Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Turbo down...


Turbo Todd Britton talked me into checking out the new BMX track in Grand Rapids yesterday. After some shop visits, I made my way to the track. I walked up, took a look, and almost left without even getting my bike out of the car. I saw an old friend as I was leaving and he convinced me to take some laps. The track was so boring and lame, I couldn't believe it. The jumps were like big mounds of dirt, not even rollers. Just...uh, awful. I really wanted to like it, but I couldn't. I left pretty quick and a couple hours later I got an e mail from Todd's wife saying he was at the ER. He went down hard and busted up his shoulder. You can still get worked when the track sucks, that's for sure. My worst injuries at BMX tracks have been in turns (two separate shoulder injuries). Get well soon, buddy...
The sequence above was taken late last fall. It's crazy to compare how much Birdland has progressed in the time since.

No comments: