Friday, February 27, 2009

Customs

Jason Burton is definitely a tinkerer. His bikes always have special mods and a unique style. Here's his latest offering:
"What the heck, here's a parts list:
Frame: FBM Custom
Fork: NOS 1997 Powerlite w/ modified dropouts
Bars: S&M Race XLT
Grips: Mutiny Randy Taylor
Stem: Generic top load
Headset: FBM
Front Rim: Gold Araya 7C
Front Hub: Suzue Sealed
Front Tire: I had a Comp3 on there at first but I swapped it to try out this CST knobby that I had.
Rear Rim: Araya RB-17
Rear Hub: FMF Powermoto Cassette with 9 tooth cog made by Livin Proof Kustoms
Rear Tire: Snafu Rim Job
Cranks: Profile Race 180 mm
Pedals: Odyssey Twisted PC
Sprocket: Snafu 25 tooth
Chain: KMC run of the mill
Seatpost: Odyssey Intac
Seat: Generic Velo out of a bike shop sale parts bin
I'm real pleased with everything about how it turned out except I'd like to get a gold Araya 7C rim for the rear wheel as well. I like matching color rims for some reason."

No comments: