Wednesday, September 17, 2008

...does whatever a spider can




I wasn't kidding about the amount of rain we got last weekend. The above is a shot from downtown Kalamazoo (not even an area known to flood). Crazy. Birdland was hit pretty hard but I took it as God's way of telling me I needed to build the landings wider and bigger. Sean Newton came over yesterday and again today to ride. He hadn't jumped the bigger and better first set yet, but cleared it with ease. Unfortunately, he over-shot it a bit and landed in the widened zone, which was apparently a little soft. He sunk enough to go OTB to belly flop. He was okay and handled it numerous times without incident. I still feel bad about that. Sorry, Sean. Apparently, he isn't too mad at me, because he took this pic of me hitting the new hip (which is so fun! It feels very moto). I have found a source for clay, but they have to wait for it to dry out a bit. There are also some concerns about their dump truck getting stuck while bringing it out.
Ernesto Rodriguez is an arachnologist. I spotted this dude while on the phone with him and he described it's trapping technique and practices without so much as an explanation of what the spider even looked like. Impressive.

No comments: