Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Long Cut

I took Noah on the road with me this week. 1200 miles there and back to the upper portion of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. That's a lot of time in the saddle for a little guy but Noah is a road veteran and he did great. We had a good time and saw some cool stuff. I'll post more pics later. The dark pic was taken over the Mackinac bridge on Monday evening and the daylight pic was taken this morning. We got home and found Sean and the Lotus working on Birdland. What an awesome surprise that was. Lots of dialing had gone down already and Luke was orchestrating the down-sizing of a jump (something I never guessed he would do). Thanks guys! I forgot to bring my helmet out and Sean said something about Mike Aitken. I was confused by his comment as I was without the internet for a few days and hadn't heard the horrible news about Mike. Mike is a good dude who I know a little better than most of the guys of his generation. He is also one of the greatest riders BMX has ever seen. My heart goes out to Mike and his family and I wish him all the best in his recovery. Please donate to his fund if you can swing it...
The Fall Nationals are Sunday and quite a few people have told me they will be on hand. Mr. and Mrs. Newman with home-made cookies? Bring your helmets...

No comments: